Age range: 5 and up, with adult assistance
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Foam egg carton (dozen size)
- Glue or tape
- Ink pen
- Scissors or craft knife
- Wing pattern
How to Build an Egg Carton Glider
1. Cut the top half off of a one-dozen-sized egg carton. Use a foam egg carton, not a cardboard carton.
2. Place the wing pattern inside the foam lid and trace the outline with a pen.
3. Cut along the lines you just traced with a very sharp knife or scissors.
4. Press a penny down into the forward part of the "cargo bay" and secure with a tape or a drop of white glue.
5. That's it -- grab it by the cargo bay and give it a good overhand toss. Have fun! We recommend trying the FPG-9 foam glider as the next step in building and flying your own model planes!